The Bachelor programme
This three-year degree course prepares for a professional career in social work. A team of internationally established lecturers teach state-of-the-art knowledge and professional skills. The course is highly practice-oriented and addresses the pertinent social questions of contemporary societies, offering effective responses for the rapidly changing regional and international context. The emphasis on innovation prepares students also for new fields of practice. The award of the Bachelor gives access to the professional state exam in Italy and is recognised abroad, particularly on account of the certified knowledge of three languages.
- Principles, Methods and Approaches in Social Work
- General Sociology, Sociology of deviance
- Social Policy, Organisation of Social Services
- Anthropology of Multicultural Societies, Intercultural Pedagogy
- General and Social Psychology, Developmental end Educational Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Psychiatry
- Public Law, Juvenile and Family Law, Criminal Law
- Social Statistics
The course programme provides for two extended placement periods as well as additional language courses.
This degree course qualifies graduates for social work positions in all public and private social and health settings, preventive and rehabilitative work with families, children, people with special needs, psychiatric illness or addictions, women’s refuges, initiatives addressing the needs of migrants and in social cooperatives and innovation programmes. In future new fields and forms of engagement will open up in self-help, in the social economy and community action, including work in world-wide crisis areas.