The Master’s programme
This two-year programme aims to develop knowledge and competencies in the field of entrepreneurial and dynamic leadership of social and social-pedagogic services. Its main focus is on promoting a consistent research-mindedness in social work, which entails a competence in making the best use of existing research outcomes, as well as in developing research projects for new effective approaches to social work practice and leadership. Multiculturalism, diversity and social discrimination are central themes. Characteristic of the course is the wide use of active methods of learning; the timetable is organized so as to allow working students to attend classes.
- Social work research methods, Social work cultures and values
- Participation and evaluation, Community education and participation
- Development, implementation and evaluation of social policies, Sustainable development and promotion of empowerment processes
- Digital ecology
- Staff management, Managerial skills, intercultural competencies and communication,
- Criminal and Administrative Law for the social sector
- Quantitative social research
On top of the theoretical subjects, students are offered language courses and an internship.
The course prepares for leading positions in public and private organizations, in the area of social and socio-pedagogical services, as well as for consultancy positions in promoting innovative projects and new forms of services for the ever-changing issues facing social work. Graduates will be particularly qualified to take on responsibility for research developments in professional environments. They will be specifically prepared to develop social policy and social intervention strategies in relation to issues, such as poverty, social vulnerability, inequality and disadvantage.