The main activities carried out in the lab are related to Industrial and Agroforestry technologies. Laboratory equipment is dedicated to microstructural and mechanical characterisation (at room and high temperatures) of metals and metal alloys, as well as other industrial materials (such as polymers, ceramics, composites).
Microstructural characterisation of materials for industrial applications by optical metallography. Mechanical characterisation of metals and metal alloys by testing in quasi-static conditions under tensile, compressive and bending loading. These tests can be performed under room to high temperatures.
- Electro-mechanical universal testing machine, MTS Criterion load capacity 100 kN, for mechanical testing from room to high temperatures
- Equipment for metallographic preparation (hot mounting press, cutting and polishing machines)
- Gear bench lathe for sample preparation
- Optical microscope for metallography
- Universal hardness tester (Vickers, Brinell, Rockwell, Knoop), load capacity from 1 to 300 kgf
- Vickers microhardness tester, load capacity from 10 g to 1 kgf