21 Sep 2017 23 Sep 2017
The Joint Ontology Workshops (JOWO 2017), Episode 3: The Tyrolean Autumn
The Joint Ontology Workshops (JOWO 2017) will be organised at unibz between September 21-23, 2017, hosting 10 Workshops on Ontology and its Applications.
Date 21 Sep 2017 - 09:00 23 Sep 2017 - 20:00
The Joint Ontology Workshops (JOWO 2017), Episode 3: TheTyrolean Autumn, will be hosted at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, between September 21-23, 2017.
The Preliminary Program and Accepted Papers are available here:
The Joint Ontology Workshops' (JOWO) mission is to join forces of the diverse communities interested in building, reasoning with, and applying formalised ontologies in the wide spectrum of information sciences, artificial intelligence theory and applications, philosophy and cognitive science, and beyond.
This third edition of the Joint Ontology Workshops (JOWO2017) combines ten ontology-centered workshops covering a multitude of disciplines into an exciting joint event featuring 63 accepted papers, 4 keynotes, and a concert by the Hyperinstruments Ensemble of the Music Conservatory of Bozen-Bolzano, led by Nicola Baroni.
- Antonio Chella (University of Palermo, Italy): "Grounding Ontologies in the External World"
- Giancarlo Guizzardi (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy): "'It’s Patterns all the way down': Patterns, Anti-Patterns and Pattern-Languages for Next-Generation Ontology Engineering"
- Todd Oakley (Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA): "What We Think About When We Talk About Money: Social Ontology and the Amalgamated Mind"
- Alessandro Mosca (SIRIS Lab, Barcelona, Spain): "Ontology-Mediated Data Integration and Access in Research and Innovation Policy Making"
- CREOL: Contextual Representation of Objects and Events in Language
- DAO: Data meets Applied Ontology
- DEW: Ontology Debugging & Evaluation Workshop
- EPINON: Epistemology in Ontologies
- FOMI: Formal Ontologies Meet Industry
- FOUST II: 2nd Workshop on Foundational Ontology
- ISD3: The 3rd Image Schema Day
- ODLS: Ontologies and Data in Life Sciences
- SHAPES 4.0: The Shape of Things
- WINKS: Workshop on Interaction-Based Knowledge Sharing
JOWO 2017 is supported by unibz and the International Association for Ontology and its Applications - IAOA, http://iaoa.org/.
Stefano Borgo (LOA ISTC CNR, Trento, Italy)
Oliver Kutz (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
Frank Loebe (University of Leipzig, Germany)
Fabian Neuhaus (Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany)
Oliver Kutz, KRDB, Faculty of Computer Science, unibz