Information on the processing of personal data (Events) according to art. 13 of the EU Regulation 2016/679 - General Data Protection Regulation
The following information is provided according to art. 13 of EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter "EU Regulation") and regards personal data the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano (hereinafter "unibz") comes into possession when possibly recording a speaker assignment via audio, video or photographically, held at an event at organized by unibz.
The processing of personal data is based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness, transparency and protection of confidentiality and all rights of the interested parties, as specified in the following information.
- The Data Controller and the Data Protection Officer
The Data Controller is the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, with its headquarters in Piazza Università 1, 39100 Bozen-Bolzano, in the person of the President and legal representative pro tempore. The Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be contacted at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Type of data
The following personal data may be processed for the purposes indicated in chapter 3.
– Personal data provided directly by the interested party: Common data, such as personal and identification data (driver’s license, passport number etc.) and contact data (e-mail, phone number etc.). Data of a particular nature, such as health data, may also be processed.
– Images. Photos and video recordings of the interested party during an event in presence or held online.
- Purposes of the data handling
Data are processed for the following purposes
– assignment as a speaker (interested party) for a certain event;
– information and divulgation purposes of cultural and / or didactic nature, as well as for research and third mission activities.
- Types of data handling
The processing of data is carried out with maximum security and confidentiality and can be implemented manually or via computer and telematic tools suitable to store, manage and transmit them.
The images contained in photos, videos or other audiovisual material may be published on the official communication channels of unibz (website, social media or other), only with permission or if of public interest and events.
- Legal grounds for the processing and nature of the conferment
Legal basis for handling of data is art. 6, par. 1, lett. b) and e) and, in case of data processing of special nature art. 9, par. 2, lett. g), of the EU Regulation, as regarded necessary when performing institutional tasks like teaching, research or within the so-called "third mission".
The provision of personal data, including images, is essential for the fulfilment of the assignment.
- Publication of footage
The images contained in photos, videos or other audiovisual material acquired during the event may be published on the official communication channels of unibz (website, social media or other), if one of the following conditions subsists:
– a release form has been signed by the interested parties
– the images relate to facts, events and / or ceremonies that are of interest to the community or held in public and respect the honour, reputation and decorum of all parties involved.
- Recipients of data
The data may be communicated exclusively for the purposes indicated in paragraph 3, to the staff of unibz and independent contractors, professionals and consultants, who provide support activities for the realization and management of the event itself.
Unibz may also communicate personal data acquired to other public administrations, if necessary, for any procedures of its institutional mission, as well as to all those public subjects to which, in any given case, the communication is required by Community provisions, laws or regulations.
Personal data will be processed by the Data Controller within the territory of the European Union. If, for technical and/or operational reasons, it is necessary to make use of subjects located outside the European Union, such subjects, where they process personal data on behalf of the Data Controller, will be appointed as Data Processors pursuant to and for the purposes of Article 28 GDPR and the transfer will take place within the limits and conditions set in articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR.
- Data archives
Personal data will be kept for a maximum of 10 years from the date of the event.
The video recordings will be kept for the period of publication and in any case until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event for educational and scientific purposes only and then irreversibly deleted.
- Rights of the data subject (access, changing and deleting data)
Release for the recording, transmission and publication of images and for the use of material and information provided according to art. 13, Reg EU 2016/679 "European Regulation on the protection of personal data".
With his/her consent the speaker authorizes the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, in accordance with articles 96 and 97 of copyright law no. 633 of 22 April 1941, updated and amended, and the European Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), regarding the protection of personal data:
- to register his/her image and voice during the event on the chosen platform (Zoom, Teams, etc.) an keep the material until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event itself;
- to publish and use his/her own images contained in the above footage or in the footage produced in advance by audio, video and written, without limits, for educational and institutional purposes only and on the event website and/or social media unibz (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event itself;
- to publish and use his/her presentation (Pdf, etc.) for educational-scientific purposes, on the event website until the end of the fourth year from the date of the event itself.
The speaker also
- prohibits the use of the recording, both audio and video, in contexts that undermine personal dignity, decorum and reputation;
- declares that he/she has read and accepted the terms and conditions of the processing of personal data indicated in the information below;
- declares that he/she does not violate any third party rights with the registered didactic-scientific material and that he/she will release the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano of all responsibility and hold it harmless from any loss, damage, cost or expense, including legal fees, arising from or in any way related to claims or disputes of third parties, concerning the use of didactic materials by the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano.