Skip to content

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

Toggle the language menu. Current language: EN

Erasmus+ KA1 Joint Master Degrees


In order to be accepted as an "Erasmus+ KA1 Joint Master Degrees" student, you have to apply to the coordinator of the relevant Consortium. After you are selected, you will apply and enroll through a link that the International Relations Office will send by e-mail.

1. Declaration of Equivalent Value

In order to carry out application and enrolment procedures, non-EU Erasmus+ KA1 JMDs and Joint Master Degree students must provide a declaration of equivalent value. This document confirms that the qualification obtained would grant the candidate access to a similar university course in the country in which the qualification was achieved. The Italian General Consulate/Embassy of that country will issue the document. We strongly recommend to apply for the declaration of equivalent value as soon as possible since it can often require long processing times!

2. Accommodation

unibz tries to accommodate most Erasmus+ KA1 JMDs and Joint Master Degree students in Residence halls. Please notice that all contracts for residence halls last 5 or 10 months. If you intend to stay less, you will need to pay for the entire contract period. Alternatively, you can search on the private market; rents usually vary from 350 € to 500 € per month (single room in a shared flat). If you are a non-EU citizen, you need to have an accommodation in order to obtain the student visa to enter Italy

3. Study Visa for non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens intending to study in Italy must obtain an Italian student visa before entering Italy. Therefore, you have to apply to the Italian diplomatic authority and ask for a study visa. The International Relations Office will issue and send an invitation letter to the Italian Embassy/Consulate nearest you. The Italian Embassy/Consulate is the authority responsible for accepting your application and checking if you meet the requirements for the visa. For more details please check the section in the Student guide.

4. Exchange Students' Guide and Welcome Session

For more specific information health care, language courses at unibz and other information please read our Exchange Students Guide carefully.

The Welcome Session will be organized before the beginning of each semester. During this meeting you will receive all necessary information for studying and living in Bozen-Bolzano, Brixen-Bressanone, Bruneck-Brunico.   

Exchange Students' Guide

Fact sheet