Skip to content

Free University of Bozen-Bolzano

A Book/Article with Other Kind of Funds


Unibz supports publications with external publishers. Professors and researchers may use their personal fund or other approved funds for publishing monographs with external publishers or Open Access articles.

Books with external publishers

The author/editor first needs to transfer by contract his economic usage rights to the unibz.

The unibz then stipulates a publishing contract with the external publisher. The university library supports professors and researchers in the administrative preparation and the stipulation of the contracts between all involved parties (author/editor – unibz – publisher) and in the handling of payments.

Attention: The unibz does not effect payments by instalments or advance payments. Payments made by the author using his personal credit card can not be refunded.

Learn More (PDF)


In addition to the open access publishing fund it is still possible to cover charges for papers published by unibz members with other kind of funds.

Learn More (PDF)