Research investigates the presence and role of different forms of aesthetic expression (music, movement, visual art, etc.) in social, cultural and educational contexts, with a particular focus on the multicultural realities of Alto Adige/South Tyrol.
More specifically, research focuses on:
- Musical heritages and cultures from different historical and social contexts, with specific attention to South Tyrol and/or in a comparative perspective with South Tyrol;
- Characteristics, roles and potentialities of music education and practice in multicultural and multilingual contexts, particularly in South Tyrol
- Innovative models of music education and music practice with particular attention to relevant issues for multicultural and multilingual contexts, as in South Tyrol;
- Graphic and visual expression and communication from early childhood to adulthood, using traditional and innovative educational approaches;
- Art education and cultural heritage education, mainly in the digital environment, with special attention to the experience of South Tyrol;
- Spaces for children’s movement and bodily movement cultures in South Tyrol;
- Contemporary practices and innovative teaching methods for physical exercise and sport in primary schools and kindergartens.
Coordinator: Prof. Paolo Somigli